Mary Poppins Stage Crew Urgently Needed
Shuswap Theatre is seeking four older teens or adults to act as scene changers for the upcoming production of Mary Poppins. They will be dressed as chimney sweeps whose job is to make frequent scene changes in a way that is planned, quick and fluid. The time commitment will be significant and reliability will be important. Although no acting experience is required, in a real sense you will be part of the cast.
- Two crew members will need a reasonable amount of physical strength so that heavy set pieces can be moved with ease and grace.
- An ability to act with a certain amount of jauntiness is an asset, as the chimney sweeps are good natured guardian angels in Mary Poppins.
- A physical build consistent with going up and down chimneys is an asset.
- A willingness to hang out between set changes with a large number of people in a small space.
- A commitment to be available for
- all 11 public performances
- dress rehearsals for the week prior to opening
- one or two dedicated scene changing rehearsals
Dates and Times
Shows run from November 25 to December 11.
All evening shows are at 7:00 pm, Sunday shows are at 1:30 pm.
No shows on Monday., Tuesdays or Wednesdays.
Dress Rehearsals are currently planned for November 20th to 24th. A special scene changing rehearsal is scheduled for Sunday November 19th at 6:30 pm. There may be changes to the rehearsal schedule to meet emerging needs.
You can see the Rehearsal Schedule in this folder.
For more information contact the Director, Kim MacMillan, at (250) 832-4094 or mackim2@ icloud.com.